启动讨论 grub/grub2/syslinux/grub4dos/Lilo
回复
zhangjint5
帖子: 304
注册时间: 2011-01-02 12:31

老主板免改刷BIOS/UEFI实现NVME SSD引导的方法(含UEFI)

帖子 zhangjint5 » 2018-01-25 15:42

浦科特的NVME SSD有几个型号带有 Option ROM ,可以实现在老主板上引导。但是,仅仅只能在 BIOS 模式。并未支持 UEFI 模式。

有些人不解为什么他的 Option ROM 这么神奇。其实点破了很简单。在 BIOS 实模式中,浦科特 NVME SSD 向主板BIOS报告自己为 SCSI 设备。

70/80后的人,如果玩过老服务器,印象最深的恐怕就是 Win2000/2003没有自带SCSI卡驱动(SCSI卡也是 PCI 类型的设备,与NVME SSD血统基本一致),需要用软盘为Win2000/2003安装程序加载SCSI驱动,否则安装程序不认硬盘(当然后期有服务器安装引导盘这种专用神器。)

所以说 浦科特 这个技术并非什么神奇的技术。但不可否认还是很实用的。

下面来说说 UEFI

一直在想,老主板既然没有 NVME 模块,非要刷到UEFI里面吗?能不能先从 USB磁盘、光盘、SATA硬盘引导 GRUB2 ,然后由 GRUB2 来加载 UEFI 的 NVME 模块。最后由 GRUB2 装载在从 NVME 上的 bootloader 呢?

最近在国外网站一番搜索,发现了 Clover-EFI bootloader ,没错,就是这个黑苹果的四叶草引导工具。

原帖地址:https://www.win-raid.com/t2375f50-Guide ... ethod.html

内容转过来如下:(重点地方我用中文标注下)

Advantages:

+ Theoretically, it should work on every BIOS and UEFI. Not restricted in terms by the BIOS/UEFI-vendor. (Yes, by BIOS I mean even legacy BIOS)
+ No BIOS/UEFI-Modding needed (I used this method for a Fujitsu Workstation with Aptio V UEFI, which is currently not NVMe moddable)
+ Easy updateable EFI. Changes to the configs can be made out of your favorite OS via text-editor.
(+) You can have a Hackintosh (Don't ask me for support on this, I never intended to have one, I'm just using the EFI-Loader + NVMExpress.efi driver.

Disadvantages:

- Slightly longer boot times (This can be decreased by changing values inside the config.plst

NOTE to Legacy BIOS users: I didn't try a Legacy BIOS installation yet, so the steps for you are just theoretical. Feedback is welcome and needed!

How does it work?:(它是如何工作的?)

BIOS/UEFI->Clover-EFI->NvmExpressDxe-driver->bootpartition@NVMe-drive->OS

What do we need?

- Bootable Windows 7 - 10 installationmedia (USB or a plain optical disc)
Note to Windows 7 / Server 2008 users:
You need to insert the Windows 7 / Server 2008 NVMe driver before installing or insert the appropriate "F6-driver" by your vendor while choosing your installation disk in the Windows Installation Setup. Detailed guide here: [Guide] Installing Windows 7 on an NVME SSD (from a USB 3.0 thumbdrive) - I will use Windows 10 in this guide)

- a plain USB flash drive or SD-card if a cardreader is present
- Alternatively you can also use a SATA-device, but I won't cover the installation to a internal harddisk/SSD in this guide, as I like the concept of a seperate USB-flash for the Clover-EFI bootloader. It's easily replaceable and fastforward to install. You also don't have to worry about data-loss when updating it. If your legacy BIOS does not support USB-boot, then you shouldn't stick in a PCIe SSD into your machine anyways... A good reason to install it to a SATA-device might be, that you don't have any USB-ports left or if you are using a notebook (I don't consider sticking out USB-drives as a permanent and convenient solution). But check first if you have a cardreader, especially when you own a notebook. In BDU, you still have to enable the listing of internal, fixed disks first. Keep in mind that this installer will wipe the selected disk completely, so backup your data beforehand. If you find another way to install it without endangering the whole disk, just tell me. I will add it as an alternative option to my guide.

What to download:

For Windows 7 / Server 2008:
- Windows 7 and Server 2008 NVMe Hotfix

- "BDU" (Boot Disk Utility by Cvad)

Prerequesites:

- Your PCIe SSD should be installed into your machine.
- Extract BDU.

Installation:

Insert the USB flash drive or SD-card into your machine.

Open up BDU. (Boot Disk Utility)

2a.
Select your flash drive/harddisk. (For internal SATA-Devices, you need to go to Options > Configuration > Enable Fixed Disks > OK.)

2b.
Softly click on "Format Disk" and wait for the magic.

2c.
When it's done, check if you can see a 200MB Partition in your Windows Explorer with files in it. If that's not the case, BDU failed. (This happened to me sometimes, when fooling around with different bootloader/filesystem-settings. Just boot a linuxbased distribution with (g)parted and wipe all partitions + create a ntfs filesystem on it. Else Windows f%#&s around.)

Access your Cloverstick via Explorer.

3a.

复制 drivers-Off 里面的NvmE驱动到drivers64UEFI\文件夹。(EFI系统分区内的)

Copy \EFI\CLOVER\drivers-Off\drivers64\NvmExpressDxe-64.efi...

...Legacy BIOS: to \EFI\CLOVER\drivers64\
...UEFI: to \EFI\CLOVER\drivers64UEFI\
NOTE to Legacy BIOS users: In case that it won't work like this, copy it to both folders. I can't tell you if it will work like described. You can check if the driver is loaded properly by opening the Clover-EFI-Shell and just typing "drivers". It should be listed at the very end.

3b.
Additional:
Edit \EFI\CLOVER\config.plist with your favorite Editor.

Change the value:

<key>Timeout</key>
<integer>5</integer>

to something lower, like 1-3 seconds. Just change the number.

Example:

<key>Timeout</key>
<integer>3</integer>

Reboot your machine and enter your BIOS/UEFI.

4a.
Legacy BIOS: Change your bootorder. Setup the freshly created stick as primary boot device.
UEFI: If possible, disable CSM or change the Storage Oprom to "UEFI only". Change your bootorder. Setup the freshly created stick as primary boot device.

4b.
Exit and Save Changes.

Attach your Windowsinstallation media.

Boot into the Clover-EFI bootloader.

6a.
Pick your Windowsinstallation media via EFI-Boot. (Windows 7 / Server 2008 users, please read the notes at the start of this guide under "What do we need?")

Continue with your Windows setup and delete all partitions on your NVMe-drive. Install Windows to your drive as usual. Wait for the installer to finish.

If you followed the guide correctly, the Clover-EFI bootloader should detect your Windows installation and boot from it.

Install your drivers and tweak your Windows as you wish and don't forget your vendors NVMe driver for highest performance!

This guide is still work in progress!

Credits go to the Clover-Team!

Enjoy.

牺牲一个小TF卡来做引导这件事情还是可以的
回复